Thursday, February 7, 2008

Catch up

For those of you visiting our blog who I don't talk to on a regular basis, here is a little catchup entry. I'm only 9 weeks pregnant, but a lot has happened so far. I've mentioned before that this pregnancy is soooo different than when I had Emma. At 5 1/2 weeks I started getting morning sickness. Not too horrible, but I had only gotten sick once with Emma. I was getting sick for days in a row, then it'd take a break...just to start right back up again. Luckily, that's simmered down within the past week or so. whew! When I was 6 weeks, Ryan, Em and myself all had the stomach flu. It was HORRIBLE! Emma and I got it really bad. Ryan got it pretty bad, too, but he was able to take care of Emma when I couldn't...I couldn't hardly sit up let alone take care of our daughter. I felt awful. Luckily the worst of it only lasted a day and after that it was just getting our bodies used to eating and functioning normal again! Unfortunately we gave it to the whole family :(

Then last week, week 8, we had a little scare. Wednesday morning when Ryan left for work (about 6:30 am) I had some bleeding. The night before I had some really bad cramping, so I was kind of freaked out. I was able to get an appointment with our midwife that morning, so Ryan came home from work and we both went to the appointment. Julie (our midwife) did a little exam and said she didn't know why I bled. She ordered an ultrasound for that same day and thank God during the ultrasound we saw a strong, steady heartbeat. He or she even did a little dance for us!!! I was so relieved. I felt in my heart that everything was going to be okay, but until you get that confirmation, you can't help but worry!!



So here we are 9 weeks and 1 day and all is well. I have just mild symptoms reminding me that I'm pregnant, I'm still getting completely exhausted by the afternoon, but luckily I can nap with Emma. It gives me a little more energy until her bedtime and then I feel wiped out again! That's where we stand now...

until next post.....all is well in the Hamric house!

2 comments:

Cheyenne and John said...

Debi. Great blog! I'm thankful that your scare was just that- a scare. The fog of morning sickness lifted for me about a month ago and I've been feeling great! I can't wait to find out the sex!!! I've got an ultrasound on the 21st of Feb (I will be 16wks then and I read that you can find out then) but my OB scheduled a "big" ultrasound on March 10th and says that's when I will find out. My husband is terrified of having a girl. I've told him stories of my brattiness growing up. Anyway, keep up the good "baby growin" work!

Nana said...

Hi Debi, How is our little Emma today? Did she go to bed at her normal time after taking a late nap? I can't wait to find out if we are gonna have another granddaughter or a grandson. Either one will be just as loved as the other three. I am going to nmake a donation to the Children's Hospital telethon this weekend in their name. Hopefully they never have to go there.