Friday, April 11, 2008

Baby Genius!! (if I may say so myself)

I know, it's been almost a month since my last post! I guess there's been enough going on worth sharing, but finding the time in a day to sit down and actually write is a different story. Especially lately with the warmer weather giving us a tease. We've been outside playing a lot. Emma LOVES it outside and it's quite a chore to get her back into the house sometimes...shoot, all the time!













We took Emma to a nearby playground. She loves going down the slides! Although she looks a little apprehensive on the "swirly" slide!








Anyways, let's get to the point of my heading "Baby Genius"!!!! For the past week or so I've been practicing the alphabet with Emma. So far I've just been working on getting her to say her letters by repeating after me. I have to say aside from a few of her own pronunciations of some of the letters (she "gasps" when saying F and H), she does really really good. Here is a video taken earlier today. In this video, though, she stops at "J" to take a drink, and I lose her:

A couple times I've written letters down on her "Dora MagnaDoodle" and have shown them to her as I say them. Again, only a couple times; however, she's got a gazillion (give or take) toys that sing, say, show, play the ABCs. Apparently, she's been picking up a lot more than we thought because today when I wrote letters on her Dora MagnaDoodle, she identified all but five of them!!

At first I thought, "Maybe she just knows what's coming next," since I was writing them in order. NO!! Later on in the day I wrote random letters and asked what they were. She identified every letter I wrote for her!!! Then we went to the fridge and I showed her random magnet letters. Again, she identified all of them!! So I made her some flashcards so we can practice!

I am just so shocked and amazed!! Above all, I'm so proud!! A few months shy of two years old, and knowing her ABCs -- of course I had to share!!

In other news, I had an appointment with my midwife and all is well. In two weeks we get to (hopefully) find out if we're having a girl baby or boy baby!! That guarantees a post in less than a month this time!! "Stay tuned!"

1 comment:

Cheyenne and John said...

Glad to see the blog up and running again- wink. Love the video! It's so cute how you "loose" her after her drink... All the focus goes to quenching thirst! So Katey (Judd) swears that Christ (Judd) is in our starlighters picture... I tried to tell her no but she insists- haha.